Sprinkles

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Welcome Home Mickey Kitty

I was up before dawn this morning and walked Gracie at first light. I wanted to get to the post office with eBay packages before picking up Mickey Kitty at the pet clinic. They let me know yesterday that he could come home by 9 o'clock this morning, so I thought it would be better to get him before my piano lesson, rather than after. Nothing against our friend Todd and his pet clinic, but I know Mickey Kitty would rather be on our screen-porch than in one of the cat-kennels at the vet's office.

That's where Mickey Kitty is now... on the screen-porch. For the last day and a half while he was at "Uncle Todd's camp" (as we call it) the porch was neat and tidy. All the kitten toys were tucked away in the toy basket. I think Mickey Kitty got most of them out of the basket within the first ten minutes of being back on his porch. And out of all of those cute little toys, his favorite is still the empty cardboard tube from a roll of paper towels.

Rusty and AngelBoy are out there with him now, watching the kitten play with his toys. Mickey Kitty is just a bit unsteady on his feet, and I have to give him some liquid medication for the next seven days, but he seems to be doing just fine. When I was at the pet clinic this morning and talking to the girl at the front desk, I heard Mickey Kitty meowing in the room behind us. The receptionist told me that Mickey Kitty must have recognized my voice because they hadn't heard a peep out of him the whole time he was there.

So the baby-cat is back home...... and ShadowBaby is right next to my feet as I'm typing this. Without a doubt, I know he's thinking "But I thought I was the baby-cat around here...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home