Sprinkles

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sunday... A Little Sun, A Little Rain, A Little Kitten

My husband just said that the Weather God must have a remote control and he keeps changing channels. The sky keeps changing from gray to blue, from rain to sun..... the grass is soaking wet from a few days of rain and the backyard grass looks to be four or five inches high. Either we get too little rain or too much.

The kitten (Mickey) is doing very well, and so are the other three cats. This time, I've been keeping the kitten out on the screen-porch instead of bringing him right into the house. The older cats are getting used to him a little bit at a time, and I guess they don't feel too threatened by this little one. And he is indeed so very little..... no bigger than a good-sized mouse. Mickey has quickly learned not to bother the older cats if they don't want to play. One little hiss from them and he will back away and go play by himself.

Mickey's personality is already very evident. He's very sweet, loves to cuddle, loves to play and can have a good time by himself with a couple of pipe-cleaners and a toy mouse. I tried to change his little bed last night.... I had a wicker basket in the crate we keep him in and I thought a smaller box (as a bed) would give him more walking room in the crate.

I took out the basket and put the soft towels I had in there into a small cardboard box. All the while, Mickey was watching me and when I put the cardboard box and him into the crate, he jumped out of the box and jumped back into the basket. Smart little cat already knows that a wicker basket is "plusher" than a plain old cardboard box. So back went the basket... and the cardboard box is back in the garage.

I've been very careful to give AngelBoy lots of attention these last few days, and it's paying off. AngelBoy is the one I worry about with this new kitten. He wouldn't hurt the kitten, but if he gets upset because he has to share the house with yet another cat, he might just find a corner of the house to pee in. (As he's done before.) I keep telling AngelBoy that he's my "one and only favorite cat," and I guess he's believing me. I tell the other cats the same thing, so I guess they all believe me. (Either that, or none of them understands a word I'm saying.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home