Sprinkles

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Wednesday Morning, After Midnight

I got into bed about an hour ago..... and tossed and turned. Couldn't sleep..... and my husband was snoring... then Gracie (the dog) started to snore. ShadowBaby (youngest cat) was sound asleep near my pillow. So I was the only one in that bed who couldn't sleep.

I figured I might as well just get up...... and here I am, munching on Shredded Wheat (the mini ones) and pretending they're Cracker Jack. (Believe me... that's a stretch.) My stomach started growling as I was trying to sleep, which could be what was keeping me awake.

This week is flying by...... tomorrow (today) is piano day already...... and after that, I have to meet an eBay buyer at the local Barnes & Noble. He doesn't want me to mail his purchase, being that he lives in the Houston area. He doesn't trust the post office, he said. Which makes me laugh..... with all the millions/billions of mail that the post office handles every week, the percentage of lost and/or damaged packages must be minimal. But I guess when it's your package, you forget about percentages. So I agreed to meet him there rather than mail his item.

I wanted to go to Barnes & Noble anyway to look for a magazine for our young friend C. When C went to Girl Scout camp last month, she discovered a "new" sport--- Wake Boarding. She absolutely loves it, and is now saving most of her allowance and gift money so she can go to a Wake Boarding Camp next summer. I called Barnes & Noble to see if they had any magazines on that sport, and they do, so I'll buy her one and ask her if she'd like a subscription to it.

C will be spending the night here at our house on Thursday. We're picking her up at noon and my husband and I will surprise her with a list of options as to what the three of us can do on Thurs. and Friday. I hope the weather stays nice....... with all the storms that have been swirling around the coasts lately, the weather has been unpredictable. We heard thunder off in the distance today, but we didn't get any rain. Note to the weather gods: Take the rain elsewhere on Thursday and Friday of this week.

ShadowBaby just walked into my sitting room and plopped himself down on the floor near my feet. I guess he just realized that I wasn't in the bed. He follows me all over, this Romeo-cat of mine.

Mid-July already..... where on earth does the time go? Before we know it, Halloween will be here, and then Christmas pops up ten minutes after that. Or so it seems. I need more hours in a day........ there's piano (almost an hour a day), and reading (usually two books a week, plus magazines), and the house, and the pets (who wants in, who wants out, who needs to be fed/petted/brushed/hugged), the laundry (it multiplies like baby rabbits), cooking meals, shopping for groceries, my husband (who wants to eat in, who wants to eat out, who needs to be fed/petted/hugged), listing items on eBay, packing the 'sold' items and going to the post office, planning for the Halloween party, making a list for the Christmas party, thinking about options for a New Year's Eve dinner party, miscellaneous errands. And of course, there are the "me" things--- hair and nails, clothes, make-up, exercising, shopping, reading, reading, reading, sometimes painting and/or drawing.... 24 hours just isn't enough for one day's worth of stuff on a to-do list.

Nearly 1:00 in the morning now. If I don't get to sleep, I won't be wide awake for my piano lesson tomorrow morning. This week's song was "Home On The Range." The notes are easy, the chords are harder.... especially the chords that are broken up between the right and left hands. The right hand goes one way, the left hand goes the other way.... a natural here, a flat there... and don't forget the eighth notes over there in the fourth measure. Or was that the fifth measure?

That's about it for the night. I hope I'm sleepy enough now to not toss and turn in that bed. Tomorrow is another day, Scarlett. I forgot... it already is tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home