Sprinkles

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Wet Stuff From the Sky.....

.... And if I remember correctly, that wet stuff is called "rain." We had a nice thundershower yesterday, and then again early this morning. The grass and flowers are saying Thank you, thank you, thank you! No matter how much you water with either an underground sprinkler system, or with a hose and rotating-sprinkler, there's nothing like a good rain to wake everything up. I can't remember the last time it rained here before yesterday..... maybe three weeks ago or more.

I've been adding more cat-hair to the garage every couple of days. Little tuffs of orange & white (Rusty), light-gray & lilac-gray (AngelBoy), and black (ShadowBaby)........ donations from all three of my cats, with a little bit of black & white dog-hair from Gracie thrown into the mix. So far, so good...... I haven't seen or heard any more mice in the garage, and I haven't seen any mice poop in there either. The garage is all swept out, cleaned out, and nicely arranged. Of course, now we're thinking that we don't need to be adding white sheetrock to the garage walls after all.

I'll see if this continues to work. I can deal with looking at the unfinished garage walls...... all I do in that garage is drive my car in and out every day, and store packing materials for eBay, and our outdoor holiday decorations are in there. Two bicycles and a few garden tools, and that's about it.... so if the walls never get done, then I can live with that. What I can't live with is hearing the quick pitter-patter-clickedy-click of mice feet scurrying up the walls when I open the garage door. Hopefully, all the cat-hair in there has out-smarted the mice. Either that, or they're knitting the cat-hair into little mouse slippers so I can't hear them as they run around the garage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home