Sprinkles

Thursday, June 30, 2005

About That Black Dress....

I was so excited that my piano teacher knew how to sew and could add some sheer black sleeves to that dress....... so this morning I put the dress on, along with the right shoes and stockings and jewelry.

Then I looked in the mirror.

What on earth was I thinking when I bought that dress?

My cousin was visiting here when I found that dress in SteinMart. I remember trying it on in the dressing room, and my cousin told me it looked so great...... I looked in the SteinMart mirror and thought it was just the cutest thing, except for the spaghetti straps.

Not to worry... my cousin suggested I find a seamstress and have sleeves put on it, so I bought the dress with that in mind.

Well, my cousin is back up in NY now, of course, and when I tried that dress on this morning, there was no one here to tell me how perfectly cute it was. There was only me, looking in the mirror and seeing a black dress with too many ruffles, too much embroidery, too many beads.

I swear, I looked like a mermaid in a Flamenco dancer's costume. Back into the SteinMart bag that dress went. I called my piano teacher and told her not to go searching for sheer black fabric for the sleeves. I told her my mermaid/Flamenco dancer opinion of the dress and she was still laughing when I hung up the phone. Then off I went to SteinMart to return that dress.

Just as I predicted....... when I bring back just one thing to that store, I end up leaving with another SteinMart bag filled with stuff. Not bad, though--- just three things. And I didn't even look at the racks of ruffled, embroidered, beaded black dresses. Been there, done that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home