Sprinkles

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wednesday Evening....

Piano day this morning..... which is going very well lately. Now that I've stopped making myself crazy with learning all the keys and the notes, Wednesdays have been more pleasant. I don't know why I started trying to memorize all the keys/notes at the same time. Now that I'm just taking them one at a time, one octave at a time, it's been easier to deal with. Which makes me easier to deal with when I'm sitting at the piano.

At noon-time, my friend A and I went into League City to try out one of the new tea rooms there. League City used to have just one tea room; now there are three. And quite possibly more that we just haven't heard about yet.

But the one we tried today was as cute as can be, and for the life of me I can't remember the name. Was it Jubilee? The walls were finished with faux-painting... lots of curlicues and emblems in soft shades of gold and beige and pastel pink. We had the sweetest little girl as our waitress... the daughter of one of the owners..... I don't think she was more than 12 or 13 and she took our order as if she'd been doing so for years.

There wasn't one man in that tea room. All women... most seemed like they hadn't been there before either. There was a table celebrating a birthday, and another table which seemed to have four generations of one family.

The salads were colorful and creative, the little sandwiches were delicious and not over-stuffed, and they have different home-made soups every day. Definitely a place to go back to, but not with the husbands.

After that we went to the antique shop to browse around and see our friend J, who owns the shop. J is already asking about the next party........ I told him about our idea for a Dinner Mystery Theatre for the Halloween party. He seemed disappointed that he has to wait so long to make his debut as one of the actors. I swear, if I told that man that I was having a party tomorrow, the first thing he'd say is "What time and what can I bring?" He will be absolutely perfect for the Theatre party.

Tonight is the TV show called "Dancing With the Stars." I've been watching that since the beginning. Not only do I love to watch the dancing, but just the fact that it's a "live" show makes it all the more interesting. The costumes are outstanding....... the music is beautiful.... and I don't care who wins or loses. I just like to see them dance.

Speaking of costumes.... that dress I have with the spaghetti straps..... I happened to mention that this morning to my piano teacher. Wonder of wonders, the woman also sews. And she sews so much that she has two sewing machines. She told me to bring the dress with me next week and she'll take a look at it. She knew exactly what I meant when I told her that I'd like some ruffle-y little sleeves added to the spaghetti straps so the ruffles would complement the ruffles on the skirt. I hope she can do this. I really don't want to have to take this dress back to SteinMart.

Not only do I want to keep the dress, but every time I take one thing back to SteinMart, I end up finding six more things. And heaven knows, I did enough shopping in that store when my cousin was here a few weeks ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home