Sprinkles

Saturday, May 28, 2005

SteinMart

Still Saturday......... I was just now paging backwards in Sprinkles to have a look-see at some of my past postings. When I got to the one about my NY cousin loving SteinMart, I found a comment from another blogger, saying that her visiting relatives have also put SteinMart on their list of tourist attractions.

So I guess my cousin isn't the only one. I knew she would like that store, but I honestly didn't realize how much she would love it. We're both apples from the same tree, however, so I guess I should've realized how much she would truly enjoy it.

Honestly, SteinMart has an ambience all its own. Unlike the larger stores that you can get lost in, with a warehouse/discount-house atmosphere, SteinMart is small and cozy, with gorgeous wood floors and displays that don't threaten to topple down on you. Soft music plays while you browse... if you're shopping with a friend, you can find her easily by just walking from one end of the store to the other. The dressing rooms are private, and the clerks let you take in as many outfits as you can carry or fit into one of their soft-mesh, clothing-friendly carts. They just tell you to please bring out the clothes that you don't want, which I'm always more than happy to do. Sure makes it a lot easier to bring in 20 items, rather than just 5 or 6. (Let's see... my cousin's little shopping cart had about 132 separate items of clothing.)

Anyway.... it was nice to read that someone else's family enjoys making SteinMart a must-see stop during their vacation. And, of course, it was nice to see that people I don't even know are reading Sprinkles. Imagine that.....!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home