Sprinkles

Friday, April 29, 2005

Friday.... Up Late.......

We had a late dinner..... went to Babbo Bruno's...... so now of course I can't sleep..........can't even think about getting into that bed until I feel like I've digested the meal. (Pacific salmon, in a sauce made with white wine, sliced apples, raisins & pine nuts....... and I have half of it in the fridge to enjoy tomorrow.) Is it tomorrow yet?

I'm still going through my clothes closet.... taking out what I don't wear, taking out what I no longer like, what doesn't feel good/look good. I went to SteinMart today... they had a 30%-off sale, plus I had a coupon for an extra 20%-off. (50% off... how could I not go?)

And of course I found things to buy. Do I ever not find something to buy? I have enough black clothes in my closet, so I'm buying a lot of pink and light green and aqua-blue summer tops and slacks. I swear, sometimes I think I look like a breath-mint.

I found a great skirt today... pink and yellow and white flowers... sort of a 1960s print (my sister would kill me) but it's so cute, and I knew I had white tops and pink tops to wear with it, and it was on sale for $11.00...... I mean, really, how do you leave that on the rack?

I also bought a beautiful knitted sweater with the most beautiful beading (which wasn't on sale but it was too pretty to leave it there and goodness knows I love anything with beads).

I'm sticking to my rule--- "one thing in, one thing out," so when I put the new things in the closet, I went through my closet and my dresser and took out things I could put into the donation box. I also pulled out a pretty sweater that I can give to one of the ladies at the Senior Center. I've never worn that sweater..... it belonged to my husband's mom...... totally not my style but I was keeping it just because it belonged to her. Time to get it out of the closet and let someone enjoy it.

When we came back from dinner tonight, my husband put the television on and clicked to the Comedy Channel. We watched a 30-something-year-old comedienne, wearing a pretty pink dress and silver high heels.... nice-looking with a sweet face and great Maria-Shriver hair. She was saying some of the most outrageous things, and she was very funny. I'm convinced that if she wasn't as pretty, and not as well-dressed as she was, her act would've been on the "raunchy" side, instead of funny and cute.

Which proves, in my opinion, that you can get away with just about anything if you're wearing the right clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home