Sprinkles

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Sunday Stuff

Cloudy day again today... after yesterday's sun. So nice to have a sunny day yesterday, and the temperatures warmed up so much that only a light jacket or sweater was fine when we went out to dinner last night. I love my coats, but I don't need to be wearing them so much.

I went to the supermarket this morning. I needed just a few things (which always means half the shopping cart gets filled by the time I leave there) and we were up early enough this morning so that I'd had breakfast and was all dressed by 10:00.

The grocery store was a madhouse... filled with people buying foods for today's SuperBowl parties. They were giving out lots of free samples in the frozen food aisle and near the deli counter. Nothing that I cared to try, since most of the offerings were just frozen junk food filled with processed meats and cheese. One woman was giving out tiny cups of chili... she had the biggest line of tasters. And the chili was just some canned brand of beef and bean chili. That woman asked me three times if I'd like "a teeny taste of this here chili." Each time, I just said no thank you. I learned long ago not to tell strangers that you don't eat meat. Especially here... the beef center of the southwest. (You don't eat meat? How can you get through a day without meat?)

Not much to write about today. My mind is filled with last-minute details for the Valentine's party. I decided to make cookies for the party... I have miniature paper baking cups that I can use to hold the cookies on a pretty platter, and I bought those tiny heart candies with phrases like "Call me" and "I Love You" and "You're Sweet" stamped on them. I figured I'd melt some chocolate and use that to stick a little heart candy in the center of each cookie.

I was going to bake the cookies today and keep them fresh in a tin container. But today is only Sunday. The party isn't till Saturday. Too many days inbetween now and the party... too much of a temptation to have a taste of the cookies every time I see the tin. Better just to wait for the baking. I can easily not eat meat... it's much harder not to eat homemade chocolate cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home