Sprinkles

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

February... Already?

Tomorrow is Ground Hog day...... surely that little rodent will proclaim winter is not yet over. We've had a string of cold, cloudy, damp, dreary, rainy days here. Not very nice, and not typical for this time of the year. Usually, around this time, we're having Spring-like weather. What's going on out there feels like a 'real' winter to me. And I know that for every drop of rain that we're getting, there's a snowflake falling up north. Let's see.... raindrops or snowflakes? I'll take the rain. What I'd really like is a bushel of fairy buttercups.... but we need sun and heat for those.

Yesterday was a two-soup day. After coming back from the supermarket, I made a pot of clam chowder and we had that for lunch, then I made a larger pot of lentil soup. I only know how to make a huge pot of that, so I'll be eating that for lunch and dinner till it's gone. When it's this cold, I can barely look at a salad, which is what I usually eat. I've been having hot oatmeal for breakfast, and hot soup for lunch and dinner. Sometimes I'll add a baked sweet potato. I love sweet potatoes... and the ones here are so sweet you only have to mash them up and they taste like you're indulging in sweet potato pie.

I've been adding dried cranberries to the oatmeal lately... a small bunch of those and a couple of teaspoons of crushed pineapple... gives it sweetness without adding processed sugar. AngelBoy has discovered that he likes the cranberries. Oh goodie... That means that if he's in the house and not in the backyard while I'm having breakfast, he'll sit himself right down in front of me and flash those kitty-blue eyes at me till I give him some cranberries.

And with the weather the way it's been, the cats have been inside more than outside. Rusty woke me up three times last night... or I should say early this morning....... at 3:00, 4:30, and around 5:30. Each time, I heard one of the other cats meowing for all they were worth because Rusty had them pinned down. Rusty will do that if he gets hungry. I guess he blames the other cats for the empty food dish, when in reality, it's Rusty that never leaves a morsel of food in the bowl.

So I was in and out of that bed three times last night, thanks to Rusty. I don't have the heart to just put him out on the screen-porch because it's just too cold out there. But just wait till the weather gets back to normal. Rusty will be out there in a flash so I can get a good night's sleep. Cats........... No different than kids. If you're a cat-person, that is. As I keep saying--- if God is a cat, I've got it made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home