Sprinkles

Friday, February 04, 2005

Friday... Shopping!

Went to SteinMart today for a look-see. I had one sweater to return that I'd bought last week, and found three more-- all keepers.

I love that store.... it isn't too big, they don't try and sell everything, they have clothing and household and gift items in every price-range, and they're really good at marking prices down if things aren't moving. And they have clothes and shoes that you don't find in other stores. (I also bought two pairs of summer slides. Shoes always seem to just find me.)

My only complaint with clothes shopping is that everything, everything, EVERYthing has to be tried on for size. I bought three sweater-tops today, all different styles, all different colors, but one is a size 'small,' one is a 'medium,' and one is 'large.' When I had them hanging up on that little hook in the dressing room, they all looked identical in size. Now why is that? And the tops weren't "seconds" or "irregulars" and they weren't at the low-end of the price-scale.

And jeans........ I must've tried on 25 pairs of jeans. The only ones that I liked had all sorts of embroidered flowers running up the right leg. I just want plain jeans. Nice soft ones, light blue, no embroidery... jeans that don't hang down seven inches below the bottom of my shoes, and don't sit five inches below my waist. I guess I'll have to go to the mall for the jeans. I hate the mall. When you buy something in a shopping mall, you can bet that 3,756 other people have already bought the same thing.

But on the bright side... the sun was out today. It didn't get as warm as they said it would, but I'm not complaining about the 65 degrees that we had. I'm holding out for 90 degrees....

Still cold at night... too cold to let Rusty sleep out on the screen-porch. He's getting to be a pain during the early morning hours-- he woke me up four times last night. I spoke to my sister on the phone this afternoon and told her about Rusty's night-time habits. She said "Poor Rusty."

Poor Rusty? How about poor me? "You spoil those cats," she told me. I asked her if she'd rather be a cat who has to sleep on a cold porch, or a cat who's spoiled enough to be let out on the porch at 3:00 in the morning to use the litter box he likes out there and then be allowed to come right back into the warm house when he's done. Her answer: "Poor Rusty..."

I should ask our vet if I can give Rusty a sleeping pill. His answer will be no, so I won't even ask. He'll probably tell me to take the sleeping pill.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home