Sprinkles

Thursday, January 27, 2005

"I Am the Cat, Don't Forget That: Feline Expressions."

The above is a title of another great book on cats. The text is by Roy Blount Jr., and the photographs were taken by Valerie Shaff. This duo has done other books as well. The dog book is titled: "I Am Puppy Hear Me Yap: The Ages of Dog."

But back to this book. There's a poem that Roy Blount wrote for the book:
"When I purr, don't infer it's because you pat.
No, you pat because I purr.
I am the Cat, don't forget that."

I just love those lines...... and it got me to thinking about my own three. All of which have such different personalities. AngelBoy can be a bit of a snob, ShadowBaby is a friendly "Romeo," and Rusty is the large cowardly lion.

To add to that poem above, AngelBoy's line would be "I am the Cat, and that's that."
ShadowBaby's line would be "I am the cat... let's play and chat."
Rusty's addition would be "I am the cat and I don't care that I'm fat."

There's not a cat that I've met in all these years that didn't have a distinct personality. If you think a cat is "just a cat," then you're so wrong. (And I hope the people who believe that don't have a cat.)

Anyway... this book is filled with glorious photographs of cats and kittens, some cute, some cuddly, some thoughtful, others uppity. One great photo is of a long-haired calico resting on a sofa. The words next to the photo read: "Yes, I knocked over the candelabrum. And now I'm on the sofa. What is the problem?"

Written like a true cat. =^..^=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home