Sprinkles

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Still more fireworks...

...this afternoon at 3:30 and just minutes ago at 8:55. And, of course, at both of those times, I was out in the yard with Savannah. Bad timing on my part. Horrible timing on my part.

So I guess this is the new normal here? Fireworks and firecrackers, possibly in the afternoons and most definitely at night? Every night? Every blessed damn night?

I came in the back door and slammed it shut. Not once but three times. It's an old wood screen door which has that squeak-sound like the door in that big old house in "Field Of Dreams."  Well, I can tell you that it didn't squeak tonight, it just slammed. And slamming that old door was as satisfying as slamming down an old dial-phone from the 1950s and 1960s.

I found it ridiculously coincidental that both times I was out walking in our yard with Savannah today, those lone firecrackers were set off. Those neighbors can see me out in our yard if they looked, but I sincerely doubt that they looked first. I think they're just idiots and like to set off firecrackers. They need to get a blessed life with better hobbies.

I was so mad when I got in the back door tonight that slamming it three times wasn't all that I did. My husband was in the TV room watching a basketball game and I loudly announced to the world that the damn neighbors were shooting off more damn fireworks, damn it all to hell.  That got my husband's attention and he came into the kitchen and I told him what happened and his first thought was the same as mine--- too much of a coincidence that two firecrackers were set off at both times I was in the yard with Savannah. He took my cell phone, looked for the neighbor's number, and called her up to tell her that both Savannah and I were extremely upset over the fireworks coming from her property. She told him that "her boys" weren't home this afternoon.  She also said it wasn't intentional that they were shooting firecrackers when I was out in our yard.  She can say what she wants. I wouldn't believe her anymore for anything because the bottom line in all of this is that she doesn't give a good damn about anyone or anything up here.

To top it all off, I just got a text message on my cell phone which reads:  "Last fireworks until July 4th in a few minutes... these young men (her son and his friends) are deploying to Korea, Guantanamo, Afghanistan, etc. in a bit... so happy to have them have a bit of fun."

I hate these people with a relentless passion. I cannot see that changing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home