Sprinkles

Monday, June 06, 2016

Give me a blessed break...

I am so ticked-off I could just scream.

At 5:15 this afternoon, fireworks started going off across the road. Again? Yes. Again.

I looked at my phone to see what time it was and noticed that the little light was blinking with a text message. The neighbor across the road had sent a text at 5:12, telling me that her son had Army friends visiting and they would be setting off fireworks. She said that she wanted to give me some advance notice.

Three minutes? That's "advance" notice?!   I repeat:  Give me a blessed break.

I didn't bother sending her a text message back. What I really wanted to text her was "Please ask your son and his friends to come over here and see how much Savannah is shaking."  But I figured that wouldn't do any good because they don't give a damn.

So this is what I can expect now? Every time they have out-of-town company over there, they will be sending fireworks into the air?  Even on a sunny afternoon?!

Enough.  I called the sheriff's office. I asked the girl who answered if fireworks can legally be set off any time of the day or night on private property outside of the town limits.  She told me that she would ask a deputy and one of them would be calling be back with the answer.

Fine. I'm still waiting for the phone call from the deputy.

I am trying very hard not to hate those neighbors. With each firework that goes up in the air, that intention gets harder and harder.  Savannah is afraid to go out into the yard at night... and now will she be afraid to go out during the day as well?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home