Sprinkles

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Busy weekend...

...and we did have more rain, as predicted, but not as bad as they thought it would be. Which is a blessing for the Hill Country towns whose homes and businesses are somewhat under water.

The insurance adjuster is set to come out this week to inspect our roof and let us know how much they're willing to pay for a replacement. We've been getting estimates from roofers but haven't made a final decision on which company to use. The blue tarps on the one side of the house look Smurf-ish to me, but at least they're keeping more rain-water from streaming down into the kitchen. If you look at the kitchen ceiling, you'd never know there had been a leak. For some reason, the water came down on the windowsills and that was easy enough to contain. (We didn't think it was so easy that night when we had more than 14 inches of rain in a 24-hour period, but we also knew that other families were going through a lot worse because of flooding on their properties.)

Our handyman R was here all day yesterday, washing the siding on the first floor of the house. He's more than three-quarters of the way through, working his way around the porch, and he'll be here this week to continue. The mess from the birds' nests has been cleaned up, the porch columns have been washed, as well as the ceiling and all the walls. It looks so good that one would think we had just painted the house.  Thankfully, R has proven to us that he can indeed be reliable and thorough, and he washed this house as if it were his own. Both my husband and I were impressed with his work.

I spent part of the day yesterday re-arranging porch furniture and washing the covers on the cushions and the tablecloths. When Mickey Kitty walked up on the porch this morning, I'm sure he thought he had landed on another planet. That cat doesn't do well with change, and he notices every little thing that is moved. I kept him in the garage and the coop all day yesterday because I didn't want him to step into the cleaning liquid and then lick his paws. And I'm sure that R was happy not to have a little black cat under his feet as he moved the ladder from one spot to the other around the house.

Most of the day yesterday was spent reading and proofing "A Puppy Named Savannah."  I fully intend to try and get that story published, with hopes that either a Texas or Georgia publishing house will accept it.  I've now read through that entire story twice since I stopped entering posts to that Blog. I've tightened up some of the entries and elaborated others.  I'm proud to say that Savannah's story has turned into a 357-page book, and I believe it's worthy of being published. Now I just have to get a publisher to agree with me. Hope floats.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home