Sprinkles

Sunday, December 06, 2015

Manilow... One Last Time

OMG!

Our old pet-sitter from Clear Lake sent me an eMail a couple of weeks ago, telling me that he had seen an ad for a Barry Manilow concert in Houston... Manilow's Last Concert, as he has been in the process of retiring from the mega-touring that he has done throughout the years of his career.

The most popular venues for Manilow are having a One Last Time concert, and Houston is among those cities that Barry will visit for (sigh) one last time.

I told my husband about the upcoming concert in February and we looked on-line for tickets. Outrageously expensive for front center seats... and how can you go to a Manilow concert and not want to sit within the first ten rows?  Did I want to spend that much money on two tickets? Not really. So I told my husband to forget about the concert... that sooner or later it would come out on DVD and I could just buy that and watch it over and over at home.

I have seen Manilow in concert before.... at Radio City Music Hall in NYC, at Jones Beach Theatre on Long Island, at the Houston Rodeo, at the Woodlands Pavilion, at two venues in downtown Houston, and in Las Vegas. For most of those concerts we had front row seats.... and Barry held my hand up at the Woodlands concert, and he danced three steps with me in Vegas. (OMG! OMG!)

So... it wasn't like we hadn't seen Manilow before... and I couldn't justify spending that amount of money for the two up-front tickets for this One Last Time Concert. Plus, that concert night is one of my husband's teaching nights.  So we both agreed to not attend February's concert.

Yesterday when I opened up my lap-top, there on the keyboard sat two tickets (OMG!) to Manilow's concert (OMG!) in the 7th row center (OMG!) which would put us right in front of Barry's piano again (OMG!)

"But what about your teaching that night?"  I will get someone to cover it for me, said my husband.
"But what about all that money for the tickets?"  It's only money... this is Barry's last time in Houston.

O! M! G!

My husband said that he had just one request of me. He told me to send our old pet-sitter an eMail and tell him that he's the most expensive pet-sitter on the planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home