Sprinkles

Sunday, July 26, 2015

All the world's a stage...

.... at least in this little town.

My husband and I drove into our downtown area this weekend to see a play at our little community theater. 'Little' being the operative word, since the theater holds about 125 people for each performance.

During the summer, the theater has a drama camp for children, and our friends' two granddaughters have been going to the classes while they're here visiting their grandparents. These are the same two little girls who have come to our tea parties when they're visiting from the east coast, so of course we had to go see them on stage.

Cute, cute, cute.... all the kids were cute, but our eyes were mainly on J and C as they sang and danced their way from one end of the stage to the other.  All of the kids seemed to be having a great time, and I have to say that the play was very well orchestrated and choreographed, with lots of thought going into both the children's roles and the adult parts.

We've gone to other productions in that little theater these past few years, and after yesterday's show, I told my husband that we really should make it a point to see all of the plays there. If the town's residents don't support the local theater, they may not be able to continue, so it's worth the price of two tickets to help them stay afloat.

The two young off-off-off-off-way-off-Broadway stars stopped at our house yesterday after their performance. I had books for them to look through that I'd been collecting for them since their last visit. Both of the girls love to read, and it just makes me smile to watch them picking out their books.  My husband and I had stopped at the store to get them some colorfully decorated cupcakes, so while they were reading their books last night, they could have a Broadway-worthy dessert to go along with the stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home