Sprinkles

Friday, July 10, 2015

The Pinterest gods are happy.

After reading endless 'help' letters to Pinterest, and finding various tutorials on Google about problems with missing-in-action Pinterest boards, and two-hour phone calls between my husband and the very polite people at our Internet provider, the problem has been solved. (Drum-roll please.)

It seems that back in October, the Powers That Be at Pinterest decided that all web-sites listed on their members' pages must be verified, in order to prevent an influx of spam from being plastered all over the Pinterest pages of their millions of followers.  Since then, Pinterest followers have randomly lost their access if they had an un-verified web-site on their Profile. My turn for that little Pinterest surprise was three days ago.  I read the instructions on how to verify a web-site because I had this Sprinkles site posted on my Pinterest profile. However, non-techy person that I am, being able to verify this blog could have resulted in a not-so-happy ending.  And, after ten years of blog-writing and countless hours of Pinterest pinning, I didn't want an unhappy ending to either story.

Best thing for me to do was to take my blog-site off my main Pinterest page.  My husband was able to access that page with computer magic... by-passing the router somehow, connecting and re-connecting wires from the main modem to my laptop, and voila!  There was my Pinterest page, just as I had left it three days ago. I quickly got into my Profile page, deleted the Sprinkles web-site, and again, voila!  There was my Pinterest page, safe and sound.

Wires were dis-connected and my laptop was re-connected as usual, and I searched my Favorites file, found my Pinterest page, clicked on that, and lo and behold... there it was as if the last three days never happened.  Happy day.

And yes, if that's my complaint of the last three days, to have 'lost' my access to Pinterest, then yes, my life is indeed blessed. Which it is, and I know it. There are more important things going on in the world... just listen to the news for ten minutes and it's all right there.

In this little corner of the the country bubble, life is once again more Pinteresting than it was before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home