Sprinkles

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Got peaches?

Yes, we do.... a lot of them, as a result of our peach-picking morning at the near-by orchards.  The peaches don't all ripen at once, thankfully, but on any given day, we'll have peaches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I've already cut some up in salads, and had them for breakfast instead of other fruits.

One thing I will not be doing again with those peaches is trying to make a pie using the recipe I have for Key Lime Pie.  We love Key Lime Pie, and the recipe I use for that is one of the best we've found........ so I thought that possibly, I could use that recipe for a peach pie, by just eliminating all the Key Lime ingredients, and substituting peaches.

It just didn't work. The mixture was too runny, even though I drained the juice from the diced peaches.  And because the mixture wasn't setting correctly, I had to leave it in the oven for too long a time, which over-cooked the graham cracker crust.  When the pie was finally done, it still had more of a pudding consistency, rather than the set-consistency of a really good Key Lime pie.

Oh well. My husband thought the over-done graham cracker crust tasted like a sweet cookie, and he says the peach pie filling tastes like a very creamy pudding... so he's eating it.  As for me, I'm just going to eat the fresh peaches and not try and add more calories to a perfect piece of fruit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home