Sprinkles

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Garage door up, garage door down. Repeat.

And repeat, repeat, repeat.

Honestly, when my husband drives down the hill and heads to his office, this house takes a breath and then says:  "Okay, he's gone. What can we do to her this time?"

Right after my husband left for work today, I opened the garage door to get my car out and into the driveway so I could go into town to check my booth at the antique shop. Not a problem, one would think.  I drove my car out of the garage, but had to come back into the house to get my purse and basket of items for the shop.

That was the plan, but the garage door had other ideas. One press of the remote, and the door wouldn't move more than an inch. Another press on the remote and the door went back up and then down maybe two inches.  And the noise coming from the door was enough to wake the dead.

I thought maybe the inside remote was defective, so I took the remote out of my car and tried that... the door went down halfway, then went all the way back up, screeching and howling and straining all the way. I tried the remote at least half a dozen times with similar results, all ending with a half-open garage door. Well... that's fine for the daytime, but not acceptable at night when it's time for Mickey to go into the garage for the night.

Stupid damn door. No way was I going to wait for my husband to come home and try to fix whatever the problem was. I decided to do what I always did when we lived in Clear Lake--- get the phone book, pick out a name, and call someone to do the job. Period. And that's what I did. They got here early this afternoon, found disconnected wires on one of the little 'eye' things on the left side of the door, plus my remote was longer working, even with a new battery.

So now there's new wiring on the left side of the garage door, I have a new remote, everything has been oiled and checked, and the door goes up and down the way it's supposed to. Wonder of wonders.... I'm putting this garage door company on my to-call list because they got here right when they said they would and fixed the problem without breaking the bank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home