Sprinkles

Thursday, March 05, 2015

Colder than cold....

The weather wizards on TV keep telling us that it will get cold 'one last time.'  To date, I believe they've said that six times now, possibly seven.  Give me a blessed break. It is positively freezing outside... not just cold, but freezing. As in frozen solid.

We've kept faucets dripping... left extra heaters turned on in the cottage and the barn... and hoping beyond all hope that this is indeed the 'one last time' for these frigid temperatures. I could just scream, honestly.

My cousins will be here next week... and the weather wizards are promising that our usual mild temperatures are returning after this weekend. Remember that fable about the little boy who cried wolf?   We seem to have weathermen here who cry warmth.

Well, nothing I can do about the weather. My cousins live near Orlando, Florida, where it's almost always warm. (Disney World wouldn't have it any other way.) They will be visiting here after spending nearly a week in Maui, Hawaii, where it is always warm.  I am just hoping that they don't get off that plane from Maui and see the frozen Texas tarmac shining with ice crystals and decide to just get back on the plane and spend their extra days with Mickey and Minnie.

Oh well... it is what it is.  I hope they both packed sweaters and a jacket. Or, better still, I hope the weather people are correct for once and the sun will be shining brightly down on mild temperatures next week here in the Hill Country.

But on the bright side... I haven't seen that orange cat in two days... I have no idea where he goes when it's this cold outside, but his little bed on the porch has been empty, and the food I leave out there for him during the day goes un-touched.  Usually, he shows up on the porch after being missing for a day or two.... and then he meows loudly out there to let me know he's hungry. So far, no meows. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I really do hope he's found another home. And if I find out where that new home is, I will gladly give them his bed, his blanket, his food dishes, and a few months' supply of Meow Mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home