Sprinkles

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Deliver me from Pinterest....

Good grief... I must be out of my mind. (But I'm hooked on Pinterest, and that's just that.)

A few days ago, an idea occurred to me... that I should use my 'Books, Books, Books!' board on my Pinterest page as an inventory of all the books I have upstairs in the library. I figured that would be easy... just go through the shelves, check to see which books I'd already pinned onto that board, and then just add in the others.

Simple idea. Yes. But then, I have a lot of books upstairs in that third floor library. I just finished going through the fiction shelves this afternoon. I quickly realized that my inventory idea would be made easier if I didn't list (or pin) every single one of the books I have by authors such as Dickens, Sanders, Shreve, Berg, Tyler, Wharton, Nichols.  I have all of their books (except a few by Shreve and Berg and Tyler which I felt weren't entirely library-worthy after I read them).

Certainly, all of Dickens, Wharton, Nichols, and Sanders are library-worthy... but to list them all... every blessed book... I'd still be up there right now instead of down here typing this. Just whose idea was this anyway? That library is a big room.... 14' x 36'.... and the walls are lined with shelf after shelf after shelf...

Tomorrow, I'll start with the decorating books and the travel books... and then work my way to the other side of the room where the rest of the non-fiction books are shelved. And then there's the vintage children's books, in the children's corner.  Surely, I have to include those, as well as the 'young adult' classics.  And the collection of Christmas books.... and that entire shelf with the books on British history and the Royal Family. I repeat: Just whose idea....

Well, I started this... I will continue.  (Tomorrow.)  God Save The Queen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home