Sprinkles

Monday, February 09, 2015

Not exactly a good day...

Got out of bed at my usual time this morning and just didn't feel right.... I must have picked up a virus somewhere and it hit like a ton of proverbial bricks.

I was trying to get back into the bedroom quietly, without waking up my husband who was sleeping soundly. Next thing I knew, I was opening my eyes and I was staring at the ceiling in the little bathroom connected to my dressing room. What the heck? I was very lucky not to have hit my head, but I seemed to have fallen very nicely across the little rug in that room.

Well, so much for trying to be quiet.... I called out to my husband and he woke up quickly and found me shaking so badly that I couldn't hold the cup of water that I'd asked him to bring me. He practically carried me into the dressing room and got me on the fainting sofa. (Now isn't that ironic, that I fainted less than twenty feet away from a Victorian fainting sofa?)

Needless to say, I went back to bed after a glass of orange juice and a bunch of much-needed hugs. I slept till nearly noon. My husband fed the cats, cleaned the litter boxes, and basically got the day started without me.

My own day didn't really begin till nearly one o'clock this afternoon.... and the mail-lady brought a box of Valentine chocolates that my husband had ordered... on this day of days, I can't even look at a piece of chocolate, much less taste one. I'll be sticking to tea and toast and fruit for a couple of days.

And what a beautiful day this has been... the sun is shining, the birds are singing and dancing all over the yard in their bird-seed symphonic flight. However, my knees are still sort of wobbly so I haven't been enjoying much of anything beyond the latest book I've been reading and my Pinterest page.

My only accomplishment today was putting on a little powder and lipstick, making my way down the stairs, and I've re-organized all of the books on my Pinterest page into six separate boards. Well, at least that's something.

Tomorrow will be a better day, I'm sure.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home