Sprinkles

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What a difference...

....a couple of days of rest makes.

Gone is the virus that had me sick for a day and resting for two days after that. I spent the 'resting' time with either a book in one hand and a cup of tea in the other,  or both hands on the keyboard of my laptop. (Lots of Pinterest-ing going on during those two days of rest.)

The weather has been glorious, to say the least. Lots of sun and warm temperatures, just a little warm breeze blowing outside, and aside from people who have allergies to all the Spring-blooming things outside, everyone has been enjoying the back-to-Texas-normal weather. (Unlike my cousins in NY, who are now looking forward to temperatures with a wind-chill factor of 12 degrees below zero.)

I like these Spring days when I can open doors and let the breeze and fresh air come through the screens.  Sweet Pea has spent countless hours on a little bench by the screen door of the TV room... he smells the outside air, watches the birds in the trees, the other cats on the porch, and generally surveys the outside world from his inside kingdom. For those of you saying "Let that poor cat go outside!".... I can't.  Sweet Pea is a climber.... when we did let him wander around outside, we'd find him on the roof of the house, the roof of the barn, or so far up into the trees that he just stood where he was and screamed till his whiskers nearly turned blue. When we were finally able to get him down from up high, he would hide his face in my arms and wouldn't look up until I brought him back into the safety of the house. He acts like he's Marco Polo, but unlike Winnie The Pooh and Christopher Robin, Sweet Pea is not as brave as he thinks he is.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home