Sprinkles

Saturday, February 28, 2015

More company....

.... but our special Miss C isn't really company... she's family.  And she'll be coming to visit with us when my cousins from Florida are here in March.  C practically knows my whole family because she has watched the video of my Aunt Dolly's 75th birthday party with me... more than a few times. As each of my aunts, uncles, and cousins appeared on the screen, I would tell her who they were and then I'd point out their children. So she really knows who is 'connected' with whom and where they sit on the family tree.

Aunt Dolly will be 102 this year, and a lot of my family who are on that video are no longer with us, so watching that 75th birthday video has become a special treat. (Tissues included for those who need them, and that's usually me.)

So.... C is looking forward to meeting my cousin S and his daughter B, and their visit is also around the time of C's birthday, so we can all celebrate that as well.

I am hoping beyond hope that the stupid weather we've been having will be a distant memory when my cousins get here. They live near Florida's Disney World, where it's almost always warm, and they'll be stopping here after a trip to Hawaii, which is always, always beautifully warm and tropical... and the last thing I want them to have here are cloudy and drippy and cold days, which is what we've been having all week. It's supposed to rain next week... so when that weather front moves east, I'm hoping the sun breaks out in all its Texas glory and gives us sunny and warm days with just a tad bit of coolness at night.

Is that too much to ask?  And just where do I go to file that request.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home