Sprinkles

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Visit from Miss C...

Busy day yesterday.... our little friend C drove up to spend the day with us. I guess it may be time to stop calling C our 'little friend.'  She's no longer a child... very much an adult with a good job, her own apartment, and she's approaching her mid-20s now. However... in our eyes, she's still my favorite little reading student we've always loved, and I don't think she minds that I call her my 'special little friend.'

C started out from Galveston early, so she was here for breakfast. We opened Christmas gifts, which was a lot of fun... thoughtful gifts from C, some of which surprised us because she remembered things my husband really wanted to try.  C gave me a miniature bookshelf with book-shaped spice jars.... very antique-y looking, and so pretty that I'm not going to fill them up with spices at all. The little shelf is sitting on a side table in the breakfast room and looking quite pretty and unique. I may even bring them up to the library and display the little book-jars near my tea books.

We drove into town, C and I... with C driving, which always makes me smile because I think of all the times I drove her around Clear Lake in our travels to little shops, the library, bookstores. And now she's driving and I'm in the passenger seat.  We stopped at the thrift stores, and the bookshop, and went to the antique store where I have my booth... we checked on my sales there, and also looked around at the other dealers' items.

The best time was at the bookstore in town... they had a new display of books with a twist on choosing a book to purchase. Such fun...we were in front of that shelf for half an hour... but I don't want to describe it yet because I'm going to adapt that idea for the Waldorf Wednesday tea parties... and I'll write about it after this coming Wednesday.

As always, when C is here, the house is filled to over-flowing with her ooohs and aaahs with the cats, her discovery of new things or re-arrangements of old things around the house.... she notices everything, remembers everything from years ago, and she just fills up the house with her joyful presence.

My birthday cup runneth over....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home