Sprinkles

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Waldorf Wednesdays

As I spent the last few weeks planning today's tea party, I came to the conclusion that we all don't really need an 'occasion' to have a get-together.   We've had these tea parties when our friends up the road have had visiting granddaughters.... we all thought that a tea party would be a nice thing to do for the girls... something different for them to experience.

The little girls just love the tea parties.... but so do us 'big girls.'  We try different teas, we all bring a plate of little sandwiches or desserts... and we talk and laugh and enjoy each other's company.  So why not do that on a regular basis?

Welcome to Waldorf Wednesdays, beginning on August 20th.  The ladies who came to this afternoon's tea left here with invitation cards telling them about my every-Wednesday-idea for tea.  Tomorrow morning, I will hand-deliver identical cards to the rest of the neighbor-ladies in our community here.

And, me being me, I've started another blog (titled "Waldorf Wednesdays," of course)...... the link can be found by clicking on the 'View Complete Profile' line on this blog.

I'm hoping for Wednesdays filled with all the ladies in our hills here, or however many can attend on any particular Wednesday, plus new friends that we can all invite along the way... and a dining room table filled with teacups and smiles.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home