Sprinkles

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A man on a mission...

When we drove up to Dallas a couple of weeks ago, my husband was happy (delirious) to find a New York-styled deli (The Deli News, which is a play on the title of a NYC newspaper called "The Daily News").  We had breakfast two days in a row at The Deli News, each morning loving the fresh bagels and scrambled eggs, cream cheese and lox. Before leaving Dallas, we brought home an assortment of bagels and I put them into the freezer.

One by one, out of the freezer they came, into the toaster they went, and my husband was in New York heaven because I bought smoked salmon and cream cheese at the supermarket here.  Two days ago, he had the last of the bagels.  Oh goodie, said I... time for another drive up to Dallas. (I had visions of walking around the mega Half Price bookstore again while my husband went to the deli for a bag of bagels.)

My husband searched the Internet.... surely there must be a deli in Houston that sells 'real' New York bagels. (All others need not apply, thank you.)  Well, lo and behold your bagel..... he found just the place..... New York Bagels on Hillcroft Street in downtown Houston.  And perfect timing.... my husband had to drive through Houston for meetings at his office.

The man on a bagel mission came home with a bag filled with an assortment of New York bagels. Real bagels, not just round bread with a hole in the middle. The bagels from Hillcroft Street are just as delicious as the ones from Dallas.... and just as delicious as the bagels we both enjoyed in New York. My husband is very happy (delirious).

"We won't have to drive to Dallas just for bagels anymore," said my husband.

"Does that mean I'll never see the inside of that bookstore again?" said I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home