Sprinkles

Thursday, March 20, 2014

The week that was...

This week has just flown by... and as that old phrase goes: "I wish I had a nickel for..." every time I've gone up and down the stairs.  Because of my husband's leg injury, he has stayed on the second floor of the house since last weekend. So up and down I went, with meals, mail, iced tea, hot coffee, whatever.  He's just starting to navigate the stairs again because his leg has been feeling better.

Going to work was out of the question for him.... he's been doing everything via computer this week, hoping to get back to his office next week.  The magic of "Skype" helped out a lot... as I'm typing this, I can hear him talking to his computer screen and the voices of his students are coming through to him the same way.  I told my husband that he's been his own 'substitute professor.'

The weather has changed dramatically.... it's been sunny and very warm, and it seems as if the grass has grown two inches in just a couple of days.  I can see tiny bluebonnet buds beginning to burst and it won't be too long till the pastures are just filled with bluebonnets and paintbrushes, and those yellow Texas stars won't be too far behind those.

We had wanted to cut the lawns this week, but that's not going to happen.  There's no sense in aggravating my husband's leg injury by having him get on the riding mower.  For a split second, I thought of trying to do the lawns myself. (For a split second, if even that.) I've ridden that mower, but not as extensively as my husband.  I barely remember how to start it up, and I definitely don't even remember how to put it in reverse. (Let's face it... no matter how long we live in the Hill Country, I'll always be a city girl.) With that in mind, I've already called the man who used to cut the grass here before we bought that mower.  He was happy to hear from us and he'll be by on Monday to do the landscaping. (If the weather stays as it is now, the grass will be another two inches higher by then.)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home