Sprinkles

Monday, March 10, 2014

Thank you for the best best day....

Miss C called me this morning, and that's what she told me...... "Thank you for the best best day last week...."

Her friend E is now back home in Ohio...... C is back at her job...... and while her 'real' birthday day is over, when she got to work this morning, her co-workers had decorated her cubicle with ribbons and a birthday banner... they made her a cake, and also arranged a special lunch for her today.  "I feel so special," said C.  I reminded her that she is indeed special.

C told me that she wants to come up here again, to have a visit by herself, without bringing anyone with her. Miss C is definitely not a city girl.... she's a country-loving, horse-riding, cow-cuddling country girl. Just give her a pair of boots and some denim and she's perfectly content, and the more mud that gets on her boots, the bigger her smile will be.

When C was here last Thursday, telling her friend E about all the holidays and parties we had when we lived in our other house, she looked at me and said: "I'm telling you right now that I will be up here for Christmas this year, so get ready.... I miss having Christmas with y'all."  (With each word, C pressed her finger down onto the dining room table, as if punctuating each word with an exclamation point.)

If someone ever asked me to draw a picture to represent Miss C's personality, that's what I'd draw---- an exclamation point, with a little heart at the bottom of it, instead of just a little dot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home