Sprinkles

Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's Day.

In all the confusion over my husband's leg injury, St. Patty's Day was just a blur, without even a hint of green.  We've given a lot of parties for St. Patty's Day over the years, but we had nothing planned for today. Thank goodness, because a good deal of the afternoon was spent at the doctor's office.

My cousin F in NY told me that the mayor of NYC refused to march in today's parade..... his protest against the gay groups.  Give me a blessed break.  Does he think that a gay person has never ever marched in the St. Patty's Day parade over all these years?  And does he think that they don't have the right to march in any parade at all?  The mayor doesn't need to get rid of the gay groups...... NYC just needs to get rid of that mayor.

I wish I had remembered to wear green today. The closest I got to green was an aqua sweater. (Not close enough.) Oh well..... there's always next year.

St. Patty's Day.... a day when every Irishman (and those who want to be) should wear a green carnation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home