Sprinkles

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Drippy Saturday

The warm weather is staying with us, but the rains have returned. If we can believe the weathermen, a bad storm will be coming through here after five o'clock this afternoon-- dark skies, thunder and lightning, tornado-conditions. What?! This is mid-February..... Mardi Gras has come and gone, and we're supposed to be having summery, tropical weather.

Well, it is what it is...... and whatever weather we get will be here if it has a mind to. With all the storm warnings that we have heard all morning long, I got all my errands done early this morning-- even went to a few yard sales. My husband's car needed an oil change so I brought that in after my last errand---- my car is safely tucked in the garage. (It's perfectly clean and I didn't want so much as one rain-drop to touch it.)

Our car service station is just about a mile away from here.... when you bring your car in for repair or maintenance work, they drive you home, then come back to get you when the car is finished. When you pick up your vehicle, it's been washed inside and out-- thoroughly "detailed," as they call it.

When they called here to let me know the car was ready and the driver was on his way, my blue-eyed AngelBoy was sound asleep in one of the chairs in my sitting room. I don't leave that cat in the house when I can't watch him, but he was sleeping so soundly that I hated to disturb him.

I was nearly to the front door and then I thought better of that decision--- I scooped him up and put him out on the screen-porch.... better to disturb that cat than to have to clean up the carpet should he decide it's too far a walk to his litter box, or if a noise bothers him and he gets scared. So into the porch went AngelBoy, out the front door I went, and the driver was waiting for me in front of the house.

Back I came with a shiny-clean, sparkling car (which is now getting rained on because my husband's motorcycle takes up the other half of the garage, along with our Christmas reindeer, and he never puts his car in the garage anyway). I walked into the house and there was AngelBoy, sitting just as pretty as you please in front of the fireplace with his fluffy tail curled around his front legs in that classic cat-pose which says I am the cat and that's that!

How did you get back in here? Back at me came a little Mrrrow (he doesn't bother with the "e." I put you in the porch, AngelBoy. Mrrrow. He was looking at me with those sky-blue eyes of his, not blinking, and his tail whacked against the carpeting. Not a good sign. How did he get back into the house? The door to the porch was closed...... but I had forgotten to close the cat-window between the breakfast room and the screen-porch.

AngelBoy and his blinkless blue eyes were watching me. I walked around the living room and the dining room and our bedroom....... looking in the corners. Not a thing. I checked the litter boxes in both bathrooms. Not a thing in those either. AngelBoy was still sitting in front of the fireplace, whacking his tail against the carpet. If he had blinked, I missed it. Were you a good boy, AngelBoy?

Not a sound. Not even a blink. But then AngelBoy walked slowly, slowly, sloooowly from the fireplace in the living room, through the breakfast room, through the kitchen and into the laundry room.... and used the litter-box. When he was done, he walked into the kitchen, where I was putting the car keys away, gave me a blue-eyed, blinkless stare, then walked through the dining room, down the hallway, into my sitting room, and jumped up in the chair where he was sitting before I left to pick up the car. And he's still there.... once again sleeping soundly, curled up like an innocent, carefree cat.

My husband is right...... there's a little person inside of this blue-eyed cat and he understands every blessed little thing that you say, and knows every blessed thing that goes on in this house.

I am the cat, and that's that. =^..^=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home