Sprinkles

Thursday, February 21, 2008

All wet.

Wet. Totally wet. The ground is so soaked-through here that the new rainwater has no place to go--- it's just resting on top of the already wet lawn. You would think, being that it's so blessedly warm outside, that some of the water would evaporate, but that's not happening. Maybe the laws of physics are at work--- does it take longer for water to evaporate than it does to fall from the sky?

And, once again, we have three cats with cabin fever, even though they slept on the screen-porch last night, and spent part of this morning out on the porch. Mickey Kitty doesn't like the sound of the rain falling on the roof of the porch....... so he was meowing at our bedroom window early this morning as the rain fell. Let me in! The sky is falling! Let me in!

I was in such a good sleep that although I heard his meows, I couldn't get myself out of bed. An hour later, when I did let the cats in, Mickey Kitty walked through the breakfast room door, sat in front of the table and gave me his best poor little scared kitty look. He does this by tilting his head to one side while his eyes are as wide-open as he can possibly stretch them. And he will hold that wide-eyed, tilted-head pose until you scoop him up and hold him near your heart and apologize for your mindless actions, or non-actions, as the case may be. And then this tiny little cat will bend his head towards your body and listen to your heartbeat..... and then he starts to purr.... the heart-beats seem to calm him down.

AngelBoy and ShadowBaby have been sleeping for most of the day. When they're awake, on rainy days like this, ShadowBaby will pounce on AngelBoy until my blue-eyed cat screams for mercy. Mrrooooooowwww..... he's killing meeeeeeeee. Usually, all I have to do to break them up is to call ShadowBaby's name.... and then he will look at me with his golden eyes and I know he's thinking He's such a baby.... I hardly touched him.

I'm waiting for the rains to quit. I'm waiting for the sunny days. I'm waiting for summer to begin--- to really begin... not tease us like this with warm days and gray skies and clouds that are filled to overflowing with rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home