Sprinkles

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Alvin, Simon, and Theodore

Those are the names of the three chipmunks from the late 1950s.... and into the 60s, right through the 80s and 90s. We took a break today from de-Christmasing the house (which is all done now) and went to the theatre to see the new "Alvin and The Chipmunks" movie.

The theatre was filled with lots of people our age (born in the 1950s) who remember Alvin and Simon and Theodore. Fun, fun movie..... and now, of course, we can't get Alvin's Christmas song out of our heads. (I just want a huuuuuulaaaaa hoooooop.......)

Very nostalgic, that movie...... brought tears to our eyes at some parts and I can't explain why that is. Most likely because it makes you remember just how many years have gone by since Alvin and the Chipmunks first came out with the television cartoons and the records. I think I had to replace my Chipmunks Christmas record at least twice when I was a kid--- I played it so much that I just plain wore it out. (So Christmaaaaaas don't be laaaaaaaate........)

When we got home, my husband found the original Chipmunks song on the Internet and as it played on his computer, we were dancing in the TV room, both of us with a couple of tears in our eyes.

At the end of the film, as all of us 1950s "kids" sat there and watched the credits roll by (and listened to the Chipmunks music) the makers of this film dedicated the movie to the man who came up with the original Chipmunks concept back in the late 1950s. I wish I could remember his name, but I can't.... but it was very nice of the film's producers to honor him that way.

I don't know what sort of animation they used for the chipmunks, but they sure looked real and furry and adorable.... made me want to look for a chipmunk and see if he could learn to sing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home