Sprinkles

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Crab House for lunch & Slippers for dinner.

Gorgeous day today...... we drove into Kemah and had lunch at the Crab House. We decided to eat outside and watch the boats go by. What were we thinking? It must have been over 100 degrees out there, but we stayed outside at the table anyway. We weren't the only ones out there, but more people stayed inside in the air-conditioned part of the restaurant. I usually don't make a fuss about the heat, but today just seemed to be hotter than hot.

I absolutely refuse to complain about the heat...... I can still remember the cold snaps we had during December and January.


This afternoon, I had a visit from a local woman who had called me about the Pajama Program. She saw an article about us in one of the local newspapers and wanted to donate some of her hand-made slippers, to go along with the pajamas I deliver to the children's shelters. True to her word, she called me and drove over here with 35 pairs of flip-flop slippers. She buys simple, sturdy flip-flops at Hobby Lobby and crochets soft, colorful yarns around the front straps. The result-- cozy, comforting slippers that are so bright and colorful that you just smile when you look at them. The kids are going to love them!

We arranged the slippers on our dining room table and my husband took a photo so I can get it posted to the Houston Pajama Program web-page. I've already boxed up 14 pairs to send to one of our children's shelters on the other side of downtown, and the rest will be distributed this week to local agencies. This wonderful slipper-lady will be bringing me flip-flop slippers on a regular basis. I was so happy to meet her, and she was just so very nice..... my husband said we need to invite her to our parties, and I'm sure we'll be doing just that.

And that's been the day......... here it is 9:00 and I haven't even exercised yet. Time to get that done before it gets any later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home