Sprinkles

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Still reading....

...... and reading, and reading... the new (and last) Harry Potter book. When my husband has the book, then I've been reading "It's Only a Movie," which is a biography of Alfred Hitchcock. Excellent reading... and I think Hitchcock would have been a Harry Potter fan.

We're also getting ready for our Harry Potter lunch. The invitations are great... I had champagne bottle-shaped invitations that I had used for a New Year's Eve dinner a couple of years ago. I wrote out Harry Potter in the writing style of the book cover, for the label of each bottle, and on the little tags that are attached with thin silver thread to each invitation, I wrote Polyjuice Potion, which is a key element in the books. (If you're not a Harry Potter fan, that will mean nothing to you.)

We just have to decide on the date..... I will call our friends tomorrow and see how far along they are in the book, and see which Saturday in August they're all available. Everything for the party is ready... table decorations and favors, along with Victorian "crackers" that are decorated in silver and purple, with a Dumbledore lookalike-wizard on each of them. Each cracker has a magic metal puzzle and a paper crown inside of it. Just something else to use as table decoration which adds to the fun of the lunch.

My husband happened to find out that our neighbor at the corner of our street, the lady who doesn't talk much to anyone, is a Harry Potter reader. I never would have guessed that. (If ever there was an honest-to-goodness Muggle, she qualifies.) She's been more talkative these last few months, however, since she's been dog-sitting for her son's dog. Hard not to speak to neighbors when you're out walking a large dog that no one on the street has never seen before.

I will have to ask my husband if he intends to invite this neighbor to our Harry Potter lunch... if so, then I will have to get one more place setting of everything that I have for the other Harry Potter fans. Shouldn't be too hard... Harry Potter is all over the bookstores, all over the supermarkets.... everything from cups to balloons to pens to light-up wands, for goodness sake.

I heard on the news that Harry Potter's author will soon be at work on "another project." I am guessing that she will come up with a new series of books, and I hope I'm right. Her publicist has told the news that nothing will be announced, however, for at least another year.

Back to the book..... (unless my husband picked it up when I put it down)....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home