Sprinkles

Sunday, July 22, 2007

More rain than we know what to do with...

The lawns are so soaked here that you can't even walk on them without your shoes dipping down into the muddy layer beneath the grass. When we got back from the lake, our back and front lawn was nearly five inches high because it had been raining here most of the time we were up at the lake. Our yard guy came today to get it mowed.... it was sunny while he was here, but a couple of hours later, the sky opened up and it poured again. We have three huge puddles in the backyard that just won't go away because it just hasn't quit raining. We should just put a rock border around the biggest puddle and call it a pond.

Both ShadowBaby and AngelBoy haven't been out in the backyard since AngelBoy managed to get himself under the fence and into our neighbor's yard last month. I know that the cats miss walking around the backyard, but I just don't trust AngelBoy anymore.... he knows what it's like now in V's yard next door, and he'll keep trying to get over there.... and he'll end up being hurt by V's big dog, or he'll get lost when he finds his way out of her yard. Besides all of that, it's just been too wet out there, with all of this rain we've had these past few weeks. So now they're both inside cats again, totally inside, with no hope of going out in the backyard again. Better for them, easier for me... even though they do get "cabin fever" every once in a while. I wish the two older cats were like little Mickey Kitty, who runs away from an open door. The smallest cat is the smartest.

Young Miss C and her parents left on a cruise this afternoon. The ship left from Galveston, and they'll be visiting three places in Mexico this week. They had asked us to go with them, but neither me nor my husband was interested in a cruise-- especially me. With all the thunderstorms today, I would not have been comfortable getting on that ship, no matter how big it is. They laugh at me when I remind them that even The Titanic sank to the bottom of the ocean. (C's dad's answer to that was "When was the last time you heard of an iceberg near Mexico?)

We're reading the latest Harry Potter book..... both my husband and I taking turns reading it. He's a little further along than I am, but I think we'll have it finished within a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home