Sprinkles

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

These Keds are made for walking.

And that's what I've been doing every night....... walking, walking, walking. After the episode with my foot, and our retired-doctor/friend J having a look-see and telling me that all I needed to avoid foot surgery was to get rid of my high-heeled, narrow-toed shoes, I've decided to just plain follow all of his advice.

I've cancelled the appointment with the foot doctor.... no need to see him, being that I've decided that going through bone surgery is just not something I want to do...... they don't tell you all the risks of bone surgery, as I found out from my friend L, whose doctor didn't tell her everything that J told me. (And which, of course, I passed on to L, who is now re-considering her own foot surgery.)

The first night I walked, I think I did four miles. I forgot to bring that little mileage thing with me, so I don't really know. Last night, I only did half of the walk, because one of my sneakers started to bother me. It was so hot and humid last night, which may have caused the shoe problem, because the same shoes didn't bother me the night before when I walked twice as long.

I swear, I am so very aware of my feet these days. You only have two of them... no replacements on the medical horizon, unless you count the plastic/wood contraptions that are available. I went back to the shoe store today, for a different kind of walking shoe... this one doesn't have the high part at the back of the heel, which is what had started to bother me with the humidity. I can't take the first pair back, since I already used them outside, but I will take them up to the lake cottage for walking on the property up there, which is more of a stroll, not a fast-paced walk.

The "new" Keds don't have the high part at the back of the heel, and are even more softer than the first pair, if that's possible. That's what it's all about these days... softer, more cozy/comfy shoes, with dress-shoes having heels just two-inches high or less. Two inches. Two inches...... that's what I keep saying to myself as I browse through the shoe racks these days.

Oh well....... three-inch heels are a thing of the past. But, as young Miss C told me-- at least you're not wearing velcro-snap shoes. I had to cross-my-heart-and-hope-to-kiss-a-frog- promise Miss C that I would never, ever buy any kind of shoe with velcro on it. She said that if I ever got to the point where I couldn't fasten my own shoes, she'd come over here and do it for me.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home