Sprinkles

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ousting the Board...

"There's trouble in River City...." to quote that old song. When we were up at the lake, the community association for the subdivision called a meeting. We were just driving back to the lake cottage after dinner out and one of our neighbors saw us on the road and told us about the gathering. Should we or shouldn't we go? We're only weekenders, not permanent residents, but we decided to go.

Seems that the community is very unhappy with the present Board of Directors, especially the president. Coincidentally, the cottage we have at the lake was sold to us by the president of that Board. Oops. He has since moved out of state, which is one of the reasons that the residents think he should no longer be on the Board at all.

The energy in the neighbor's house was high during that meeting... lots of frustration... lots of referrals to "Robert's Rules of Order." They're trying to do everything by the book, but very few of them really know what to do. My husband stood up quite a few times to make some comments and suggestions, and while he was speaking, you could hear a pin drop. He's an excellent speaker, and I'm sure some of the residents were hoping that he would say he'd be happy to serve either on the Interim Board or on the new Board of Directors.

He didn't say that, however.... it's not his style. If he did choose to run for that Board, he will do lots of research prior to throwing his hat into the ring. But we'll see.... he could still change his mind. They're having two other meetings, one in July and one in August, and I think my husband plans to be at both of those. (I told my husband that our house is big enough to hold two presidents.)


I delivered more pajamas to the shelter up near the lake house. This time, I also had bundles of children's clothing-- 126 pieces, to be exact, all bought by young Miss C, who is doing her best to keep the children in this lake shelter clothed in the very best she can afford to buy them. The lady at the shelter was truly amazed at all the bags of clothing and pajamas that I brought to them this time. As soon as they see my car pull up in front of the shelter, they open up the doors and come out to help me get the packages out of the trunk.

I went into all of the antique shops up near the lake this time..... and I've decided that the only shop worth browsing through is the biggest consignment store there. All of the smaller ones just have too few items with too high prices... their inventory never seems to change. The largest store has nearly 75 dealers, with reasonable prices, and constantly-changing inventory. I found another wicker chair this time....... I always seem to find chairs, or they just find me. I can't bring chairs up with us when we drive to the lake, because the back seat is now filled with Gracie and two cat carriers for AngelBoy and ShadowBaby. Mickey Kitty is still so small that I can hold his carrier on my lap for the entire drive.

The weather has been extra hot, extra humid..... doesn't make for good-hair days, that's for sure. My foot is still bothering me, and I'm very mindful of how I walk on it, especially going down stairs and curbs. Never thought I'd see the day when I'd actually be looking forward to a doctor's appointment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home