Sprinkles

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Dominoes....

Just as we were sitting down to try out the new double-twelve dominoes, the phone rang tonight and it was young Miss C. She wanted to know if she and her mom could stop over tonight with a surprise game they wanted to play with us.

As soon as C told me that, I knew they had gone out to buy a set of dominoes. As much as I wanted to just relax tonight, I couldn't tell C not to come over. She sounded so excited over the phone, so I told her to come on by when they were ready. Just by the sound of C's voice, I can tell when she's jumping up and down on her toes. And C is very perceptive as well.... as soon as I said hello on the phone, her first question to me was "Are you alright?" (I was tired and my foot was hurting, but I told her that I was just fine.)

Before they came over, my husband hid our just-bought set of dominoes so they wouldn't see our set first. Turns out that C and her mom were in Target also, a little while after we had been there, and they bought the exact same double-twelve domino set that we did. C's mom also thought the double-fifteen set was "over the top," as my husband also said when we saw those at the store. My husband hid our set in one of the kitchen cabinets, then asked C to get him a glass..... she squealed when she saw that we had bought the same set this afternoon.

It took us nearly three hours to finish the double-twelve game, and C won....... I came in last-- I kept getting stuck with such high dominoes. We all laughed that we needed a calculator to add up the dominoes that we didn't get to use.


C's mom told me more about the bunion surgery that her friend had (with the same doctor that I'll see tomorrow)...... she was off her feet for longer than she thought she would be, but she said it was definitely worth it. Her friend will get her other foot done, as soon as she's able to stay home from work for four more weeks. I asked L how her friend's foot looked after the surgery and she said it looked wonderful (like a "new foot") but there was a little scar at the side of her foot. I'm not worried about the scar...... I'm worried that this will just get worse if I don't get it done.

Oh well....... tomorrow is the appointment with the foot doctor. I will be fine, and ready for the appointment and the x-rays, as long as I can get to sleep tonight. Instead of counting sheep, I should try counting dominoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home