Sprinkles

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Shoes... and more shoes.

But at least they're all comfy and butter-soft and aren't hurting my feet. (Not that my other shoes were hurting my feet, but I guess they were bothering the bunion on my right foot.) So easy to buy shoes..... and the shoe store here is still having sales on all of their summer sandals, and even the new shoes they got for the fall. Everything is marked down because they got too many boxes of shoes all at once and there's not enough room to store them all. (Plenty of room in my closet, being that I donated all of the highest heels that were in there.)

I've decided not to go to the foot doctor after all. Being that our retired doctor-friend J examined my feet the other day, I feel confident enough that if I'm just more careful with my shoes, I won't make this little-bunion problem into a big problem. I will call the foot doctor's office tomorrow to cancel the appointment.

Went to Barnes & Noble today..... and of course found books....... a biography of Harper Lee called Mockingbird, and a biography called Geisha: A Life, about a Japanese girl whose geisha training began when she was just five years old. I could have spent a couple of hours in that store, but then I would have left with too many books, and I have enough books on my to-be-read pile as it is. Too many good books out there to read, and I hope I have time enough in this lifetime to read them. Which reminds me-- another book I found in the biography section today was If I Live To Be 100........ just the title of that one got me interested.

This is the only time I miss working at the library.... when I look through bookstores. When you work at a library, you get to see everything that comes into the system and it's very easy to set aside books for yourself. I used to check books out of our local library all the time, but with the five-day and seven-day limits, I couldn't check out too many at one time and I don't like returning books late. The clerks in the bookstore of our library know me better than the clerks at the circulation desk...... lots of good books in the library bookstore, all for just one dollar each. I keep the ones I love, and give away the others to our friends. Somehow, that just works better. Same with Half Price Books... so many books in there for two dollars and less.

Shoes and books..... two of my favorite things to shop for. Besides pajamas........ I went to Marshalls today and found really cute pajama sets for little girls. They didn't have much for boys over the age of four this time, and not a thing for the teenagers.

My husband took young Miss C to the ballpark today to see the Astros playing the Mets. It was photo-day as well, and they got there three hours before the game began and were able to get right down on the field with the Astros. C made a poster-sign-- Biggio on one side, Hunter Pence on the other side. C loves baseball, and she was bouncing up and down for most of that game, I'm sure. Thankfully, the Astros won the game today...... always nicer to be at a game when your team wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home