Sprinkles

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More about pajamas...

As of today, the number of pajamas collected is 738. The number of books is still at 417... for the main reason that the staff at Half Price Books has been so busy lately. I went into the store yesterday and found eye-high piles of boxes from one end of the store to the other. It seems that everyone in this area has been cleaning out their bookshelves and bringing them all to Half Price Books.

What a concept for a store, when you think about it...... the two people who started Half Price Books had just a teeny store space filled with their own gently-read books to sell. Once they advertised that they were buying used books, their bookstore concept took off and now they've got stores upon stores, and then some. Great place to sell books and buy books.

I delivered more pajamas today to one of the children's agencies in League City, but I will have to go back tomorrow. They need more pajama sets for girls...... the ones that I brought them two weeks ago are all gone, except for three of the smallest sizes. Nice to see empty pajama bins when I go there, but I wish I could fill them up faster with all the sizes that they need.

The girl from Whataburger called me this morning..... her company wants to do a promotion of some sort with our Houston Chapter, which would be so great. They would take care of the advertising and promoting..... we will come up with a concept, decide on a date, and hopefully end up with lots of pajama sets. "Whataburger" is a hamburger chain..... sort of like the White Castle of Texas..... very popular, a very well-known and recognizable name. I've spoken to this area's Director of Marketing more than a few times, always over the phone, but I will get to meet her next month...... we finally were able to set a date so we could take face-to-face rather than over the cell-phone lines.

Our friend L is having a Pajama Party at her house tonight..... her usual group of "Bunco" girlfriends which meet once a month. L set the theme as a Pajama Party, with all the ladies coming to her house in pajamas, and bringing pajamas for the Pajama Program kids. Hopefully, I will have a basket filled with pajamas tomorrow..... and I hope most of them are the teenaged sizes, which are always the least that I've collected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home