Sprinkles

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

"Shoo, cat! Shoo!!"

I spoke to our next-door neighbor V this afternoon, and that's what she told me she was telling AngelBoy when she found him in her yard a few nights ago. She didn't realize it was AngelBoy when she was saying "Shoo, cat... Shoo!"-- but she said as soon as she saw those blue eyes of his, she knew who it was and she also knew why he wasn't taking her seriously.

I told V that AngelBoy must have been looking at her and thinking "Shoo? You're telling me to shoo?! Do you realize you're talking to my mama's little AngelBoy here?"

(The only reason that V was saying Shoo! to a cat in the first place is because her husband has insisted (time and again) that she not adopt/bring home/find/feed any more cats, dogs, raccoons, possums, squirrels, birds, etc.)

V said that as she kept telling AngelBoy to shoo, he was just sitting here in front of her and he kept staring at her without blinking, like a blue-eyed cat statue. I told V that I'm surprised he even let her pick him up so she could carry him back to our yard. AngelBoy doesn't let anyone but me pick him up, and even with me, it's only for less than a minute's time. V said that AngelBoy didn't even squirm a bit in her arms as she carried him from her yard to our front door, then from our front door to our back screen-porch. (I still don't know why we didn't hear the doorbell that night... the television must have been louder than usual, and Gracie must have been in a dead sleep.)


I bought some pajamas today, but they're not from me. I bought boys' pajamas in my dad's name, as his Father's Day gift; and I also bought girls' pajamas in my Aunt Dolly's name, as her birthday gift. Both my dad and my aunt made me promise not to send them anything..... not for Father's Day, not for my aunt's birthday. They both insisted "I don't need a thing!" So I kept my promise of not sending them anything, but I bought pajamas for Houston's kids instead, with the money I would have spent on their gifts. Hmmm.... this could be the start of an interesting trend.

My friend A was in Clear Lake this morning after her tennis lesson, and she stopped by our house with half a dozen pajama boxer-shorts for boys..... great items from the Old Navy store. I didn't realize she'd be here in the morning, and I had left to get some errands done, so I missed seeing her. My husband was up on a ladder in the front of the house, painting those two new boards he put up. I wonder if A was surprised to see the new handyman around here. For all the years she lived on this block, I doubt very much that she had ever seen my husband up on a ladder with tools in his hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home