Sprinkles

Friday, June 01, 2007

Under the fence....

We found out how AngelBoy got into our neighbor's yard last night...... there's a cat-sized hole at the bottom of the fence, just big enough for AngelBoy to squeeze through. Even with all his fluffy hair, AngelBoy is a small cat and able to get into very small spaces. ShadowBaby couldn't have fit through the same spot, or V would've had two of my cats in her yard last night.

That hole in the fence must have been there for a while, and only just discovered by AngelBoy since the landscapers moved so many of the large plants from the backyard flowerbeds to the front. For all I know, he may have ventured into V's yard before last night and found his way back before I realzied he had gone "visiting." We used some heavy garden bricks to stack up against the hole in the fence this morning. When other more important chores get done, we'll fix the boards on that fence.

We're still laughing about all of that...... how V looked so ghost-like in our driveway, with her long white nightgown blowing about in the breeze. So funny now, but we were a bit taken aback last night. I don't know what would have happened to AngelBoy if V hadn't seen him in her backyard and brought him back to us. With all of his prissy way, that cat is an innocent as far as the street is concerned, and he could have gotten out through her yard. He doesn't know to stay away from cars, and he probably thinks that every dog he sees will let him cuddle up next to him like our Gracie does. That alone would have been the end of him.

Anyway, the fence mystery is solved and taken care of, for now. When my husband saw the hole in the fence, he jokingly said we should make the hole bigger so AngelBoy doesn't have to squeeze himself through it. Needless to say, he isn't a fan of AngelBoy's prissy-cat attitudes. Neither am I, but I just have a little more patience with that blue-eyed cat.

I went to run some errands today....... and found a surprise at the local Library.... people have begun to put pajamas into the Pajama Box there, so that was nice to see. I also brought some little goodie-bags to the girls in the Children's Dept. of the library, since they're promoting the Pajama Box to all of their story-hour moms for me.

I also stopped into J's antique shop... no pajama sets in that box there, so I asked J to tell more people about it, and gave him some of my business cards to hand out to his customers and dealers. While I was there, I found a wonderful old Indian statue that I knew would look great up at the lake cottage. The four-foot-tall Indian is now standing in my sitting room. Wonderful details on him..... very vintage, lots of character.... I will find a special spot for him up there.

When I came home, I found an eMail from one of the volunteers in downtown Houston who had been collecting pajamas for me. She organized a Pajama Day at her office.... everyone came to work in their pajamas last Friday...... and they collected 50 pajama sets. The volunteer offered to deliver them to one of our shelters, so she will take care of that next week. That was so nice to hear...... I've gotten so many eMail and telephone offers to collect and deliver, but not everyone follows through. This wonderful girl did, and the employees all had a great time.

My husband was busy for part of yesterday and all of today, replacing two rotten boards up over the front porch of the house. What seemed like a small job turned into a big job, but isn't that always how it goes? For the life of me, I don't know why he wants to do the work himself, when it's so easy to call someone in and have it done. But he's got a tool-box now (what was I thinking last Christmas?) and it seems that there's no job too big or too small for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home