Sprinkles

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More about "Middlesex"

I'm nearly finished reading this latest Oprah Book Club selection....... with less than 60 pages to go, I find myself reading slower, to make the book last longer. As always, with such a great book, trying to read another book right afterwards will be difficult.

There's an entire story-within-the story in "Middlesex," one that I haven't commented on in my last entry here. It makes for fascinating reading, and gives the reader a good lesson on tolerance, non-judgment, and simply adhering to the rule live and let live because life is just too darn short. So I am not judging the main character of this book. I choose to celebrate her instead...... she shows more courage, more bravery, more strength of character than half the people I've met in my life.

Wonderful book. Hard to put down. And it will be sad when the story comes to an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home