Sprinkles

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Full moon out there....

I'm sitting here typing and just shaking my head. Our neighbor V was here a little while ago, knocking on the window of our TV room. We were in there watching the guys from Orange County Choppers as they toured Australia.

V nearly scared us out of our wits-- she was wearing a long white nightgown, and she has very pale blonde hair, and I swear she looked like a ghost through the tinted windows of that room. She pointed towards our back door, and my husband and I went to open the door, and there's V, telling us that she just put AngelBoy back into our screen-porch. She said he had been in her yard. What?!

I had let AngelBoy out just before it got dark tonight, which I hardly ever do, because he sits under the bushes in the flowerbeds and waits for the lizards to come out. And that's what he was doing tonight, so I just let him be, figuring I'd get him back inside and into the porch before we went to bed.

Well, somehow, AngelBoy managed to get his little fluffy blue-eyed self into V's backyard. I know there are two small holes in the bottom of the fence separating our yards, but I didn't think they were big enough for AngelBoy to get through. And that cat doesn't have front claws, so there's no way he could climb up and over a six-foot wooden fence. Or is there? Somehow, he either got under that fence or over it, and found himself in V's yard. Thankfully, her dog wasn't out in the yard at the same time. Although, V's dog (twice our dog's size) can be a little on the timid side, and V has called him "The Cowardly Lion" from time to time. Still, you never know what a dog will do when there's a strange cat in their yard.

Needless to say, before I let either AngelBoy or ShadowBaby out into the backyard tomorrow, I will have to check every inch of that fence to see if there is indeed an opening large enough for them to get through. I sincerely hope not... there are enough things on the to-do list around here.

My husband spent the better part of this afternoon looking for wood to match the two pieces of wood siding that need to be replaced near the front porch. Both of us thought that either Home Depot or Lowe's would have the same wood, but apparently they hadn't seen that style of wood siding for quite some time. So right now, there's a big piece of plywood covering the spot where the old rotten wood was taken off. Hopefully, my husband will be able to find the wood he needs tomorrow and finish what he thought would be a fairly simple job. Somehow, the words simple and job just don't go together.

The new washing machine was delivered today, and the laundry is all caught up now. I never thought I'd be missing that machine, but as I watched the laundry pile up, I have to admit that it was like Christmas when the Sears truck pulled up in front of our house this afternoon. They sent three men to take away the old machine and hook up the new one. The new one hadn't been in place for three minutes when one of the guys told me that we'd need to call a plumber to install a new cold-water faucet for the washing machine.

What?! He said the cold-water faucet that was there was just old, and was leaking, and needed to be replaced. And they, of course, don't do that-- they just deliver the machine and make sure it works. Which it did, but that faucet was leaking a little bit as the machine filled up with water. I called my husband at work..... he said he'd be home in an hour to take a look, and asked me not to call a plumber until he had a chance to see if he could fix the problem. Fine.

Two minutes later, as I was trying not to look at the new machine and the pile of laundry I had to do, the phone rang and it was young Miss C's mom. She wanted to ask me something about the Pajama Program, and when we finished with that, I asked her if she ever had to replace the cold-water hook-up for her washing machine. When I told her what the Sears guys said, she told her husband and he said he'd be right over to take a look.

So there was S, with his tool box, and there came my husband, home from his office... and the both of them looked here, looked there, tightened this and tightened that.... and the cold-water faucet is really just fine and isn't leaking.... and I spent the next four hours doing laundry. Oh goodie. And I sincerely mean Oh goodie this time. So nice to have all that laundry washed, dried, folded, ironed.

But...... how in the world did AngelBoy get from our yard to V's yard? I can only imagine the look on AngelBoy's face as V picked him up and carried him from her backyard to our screen-porch. AngelBoy has never liked V's voice because it's high-pitched and fairly loud, but it was after ten o'clock tonight when she brought AngelBoy over here, so maybe she was whispering because it was so late.

A full moon is out there tonight...... Sears delivery guys who swear you need a plumber, neighbors in ghostly-white nightgowns knocking on your window, a blue-eyed cat who thought the catnip was greener on the other side of the fence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home