Sprinkles

Monday, April 09, 2007

Our First Pajama Party

I've already arranged for the first Pajama Party of the Houston Chapter of "The Pajama Program." I mailed invitations out this morning to fifty of our friends and neighbors, inviting them here for a pot-luck dinner. I asked them to bring either a new pair of children's pajamas (any size, any age) or a children's storybook. (And I also told them they could wear pajamas to the party, if they want to.)

The books and pajamas for the children will be donated to one of our local organizations, Interfaith Caring Ministries. The Director of ICM will also be here for the party... I called her this morning, spoke to her about the Pajama Program, told her I was President of the Houston Chapter, and asked her if she'd like to come to the party and meet our friends who will donating the pajamas and books. She was thrilled, and happy to hear of the program.

I've already taken care of the paperwork that had to be eMailed to the NY office....... I had to wait for my husband to come home from a meeting so he could show me how to do that on my computer. I couldn't manage to fill out the on-line form..... seems that my laptop didn't have the software it needed for that. My husband installed all of that and it worked just fine. (One more new thing that I can do with this computer.)

My friend Bill up in Dallas sent me the names of people to contact here, to find out about getting office space or a storefront, or some sort of space that I can turn into a Pajama Program Reading Center. Until I get some sort of office or storage space, I will keep the fund-raisers on a reasonable level so we won't be covered up to our necks in pajamas here in the house. Houston residents are very generous, and I can easily see that happening.

So, until I get a larger space, I won't be going to the Johnson Space Center or Minute Maid Park or Reliant Center. But just you wait....... I plan to make the Houston Chapter reach very high goals for The Pajama Program. And the Reading Center... that would be the ultimate goal. (From my lips to heaven's ears....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home