Sprinkles

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Houston, we have a Pajama Program!

I've been receiving eMails from Genevieve Pitturo's "The Pajama Program" for the last few days, and I have spoken briefly to Genevieve over the phone. As of this morning, the Welcome Letter from The Pajama Program was eMailed to me, giving me the go-ahead to start a Houston Chapter for The Pajama Program, with myself being Chapter President. When their web-site is brought up to date with all the latest changes, Houston will be right there under the Texas listings.

It all happened so fast, and the eMails and paperwork from Genevieve and Terri were all so helpful. I've already had offers from friends who want to help.... A in Pearland, and our own Miss C right here in town..... and the organization itself sent me eMails from those who would like to volunteer. Just wait till our Charades group hears about this..... I know what the "theme" will be for our parties from now on, and everyone we know will love this program.

I've already started a notebook...... I have a list of local agencies that would need to be approved by the New York office..... and my goal is not only to have a successful Houston Chapter, but to open up a Pajama Program Reading Center in this area. Lots of ideas.... my pen can't write them down quick enough.

My friend A in Pearland has already given me the names of agencies that were not on my own list, and Miss C has given me such great ideas that would spark the interest of the school children in this area.

So much to do..... a lot of little details, but I thrive on details. As I said in an eMail to The Pajama Program offices: "My Aunt Dolly has always told me that love is in the details."

This is going to be wonderful, and very rewarding, and I can barely wait for our first event to collect pajamas and story books. Tomorrow is Easter Sunday....... I will have to wait till Monday for the first of the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home