Sprinkles

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Out of Africa"

I am now reading "Out of Africa," by Isak Dinesen. I loved that movie with Meryl Streep and Robert Redford, and I must have seen it a dozen times. I had the movie soundtrack on a cassette tape, and I wore it out from the constant playing in the old Thunderbird that I used to have years ago.

I found a copy of "Out of Africa" at Half-Price books a while back, and it got buried in my pile of books-to-be-read. This isn't the first copy of "Out of Africa" that I have bought.... I had found a copy years ago and tried to read it, but for some reason I never got past the first chapter and I sold the book on eBay. When I spotted this copy of the book at the bookstore, I thought I would just try it again.

I'm so glad I did...... it's such a beautiful book, and so wonderfully written, that I find myself reading it slowly, and even re-reading parts of each chapter before going on to the next part of the story. Some paragraphs are positively poetic, to say the least.

I've been so inspired by reading this book that I have bought the movie soundtrack CD from eBay, and I even found a copy of the movie itself there. I tried the local stores first, but they didn't have either. When I finish reading the book, I will watch the movie. And the CD will go into my car, along with my Manilow CDs. The movie was breathtaking, the music is magical. I will need half a box of tissues for the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home