Sprinkles

Friday, January 26, 2007

The Hallmark Store

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping. I had gone to the local Hallmark store earlier in the week, to use the "free" birthday coupon they sent me. I found lots of great things to buy (at big discounts) but I had left the coupon at home. Not a problem.... I bought what I had picked out the other day, thinking I'd just go back and find more things and use the coupon.

Which is what I did today... and the discounts were even bigger than earlier in the week. Plus I had that birthday coupon in my purse. I found more Christmas gifts, which means my holiday shopping for this coming Christmas is just about done. I also found lots of St. Patty's Day items, which I can use for our St. Patty's Day lunch this year. The store is discounting Valentine things too now, so I bought some of those as well. I filled up a hand-basket to the brim with all-things-Hallmark.

Off to the register I went... talking to the girl behind the counter about the closing of the store, talking to the lady next to me about our St. Patty's Day lunch.... and I forgot all about the birthday coupon in my purse. Didn't even think about it till I was on my way home. Talk about a pre-senior moment. The coupon expires at the end of this month. If I want to use that coupon, worth $5.00 towards any and all Hallmark items, I will have to go back to the store within the next couple of days. So let's see...... is another visit worth saving five dollars if I'm spending another hundred? Decisions, decisions.

Gorgeous day today, and yesterday as well. The cold wind and wet rain has drifted elsewhere, leaving us with typical sunny and warm "winter" days in southeast Texas. The bad weather has gone to the northeast.... my sister told me there were snow flurries yesterday, and they expected more bad weather today. She told my mother to stay in the house.... inside the house. I hope she listens. Unlike the Texas weather today, my mother's story is not going to have a pretty ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home